Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The glamourous life

It just goes to show you how little things change, I think. This photo is circa 1977, and that red thing is pretty certainly my bathrobe. I've got makeup on, so it's at the end of the day, and we were just goofing off in the TV room.



It's tough to stop natural talent and good looks....too bad we don't understand our gifts when we are that age. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out strengths and weaknesses, and how to best utilize those qualities.



I opened my mail today and found a skein of what is EASILY the most glamourous yarn I have ever owned. It's Tilli Thomas Mogul, in the Atmosphere colorway. It is a gift that warrants a little thoughtfulness, a little introspection. It's a great neutral (for me) and has the right amount of bling in it. (But why IS it dry clean only? Bueller?) What will IT be when it grows up? No hats-the beads would tangle, so probably a yoke, bands, patterns.... And what should I partner it with? Elann's Highland Wool, or maybe some Brooks Farm? Beads aside, I LIKE the yarn, it's a nice sheepy texture. I would think that bamboo needles would be the way to go. I am a wee bit worried about things that go crunch.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Great yarn! I have seriously contemplated stringing beads onto my own yarn. What weight is yours? Are there knots on either sides of the beads or do they move around? (enquiring minds...to cheap to buy their own)

Les said...

Cute pic, Betsy! Yes, the glory years and we had no idea!
Guess you'll be winding that little skein of beauty by hand, eh? I actually don't mind rolling skeins by hand. I don't have a ball winder. Might be a little therapeutic for me!
I'd like to have a little squeeze of it. Come on up and visit!
Les

Enid said...

Very pretty yarn. :)

Anonymous said...

I used tilli tomas yarn as an edging to a triangular shawl. I made two shawl edgings with one skein. I liked it so much I purchased a second skein!
Barbara