Thursday, February 08, 2007

Six feet o' boredom!


Entrelac. Ok, I GOT it already. I know how it WORKS now, and I ain't a'skeered of it anymore. (But do you have to flip around on a return if you work it in the round? THAT's worth investigating.....) I almost gave up yesterday. I understood the pattern, but was really wavering about doing SIX freakin' feet of stole. I was also a little worried about the colors...perhaps that magenta stack up is a little fug?
I was really waffling, then I decided who the giftee would be. She HAS an old afghan in her desk drawer that she drags out because the office is so cold. This is perrrrrfect. Now I don't care about the color, either, except that I am sure I should only do one row stripes in there to avoid the color puddles. And it doesn't HAVE to be six feet, either. When I'm done, I'll be DONE.
I feel so much better.

11 comments:

Joan said...

It's so purty! Where's the green?

Joan said...

PS..I have lotsa puddles too but Cate said to go with them, so I am.

Grace said...

I really think it is lovely!!! I like it lots!!

Suzann said...

I think it is beautiful Betsy. Really and I love the wine color. Nothing at all like bruises. Rich deep wine warmed with some spices, mmmmmmmm

jayne said...

I'm hearing that whispery voice from Field of Dreams:

"Go the distance..."

LisaW. said...

I think it's really lovely :) and yeah, now that you've "got it" it is kinda boring (hence the adventure into backward knitting)...but it's good TV night knitting. And it is really really lovely.

smariek said...

I love it! It doesn't look like bruises to me. In an earlier post you mentioned some green, I don't see it yet.

Entrelac is easy, but doesn't all that turning drive you nuts???

junior_goddess said...

I learned how to knit backwards. I am still struggling a little with PURLING backwards. The hissing sound you hear is steam escaping from my head...

smariek said...

Hey, since when did you change your blog name to The Knitting Channel? I'm always slow to notice these things...

Anyhow, Tag you're IT!!!

http://smariek.blogspot.com for more info... :-)

junior_goddess said...

Ha! No, I did it Thursday night, you were the first to notice. Wish I could change the URL without moving and losing all this other stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your LE is coming together nicely, B. I love how big is it. One lucky recipient, IMHO. bri