Friday, February 02, 2007

elann.com - Knitting Yarn and Scarves at Irresistible Prices


elann.com - Knitting Yarn at Irresistible Prices

Another banner day in Yarnland! My scarf was selected in Elann's scarf challenge! Mine is the black and metallic scarf (I realled LIKED working in Pamir)! I knew that SK and Grace were also finalists, and I just KNEW I would know at least ONE design winner. It's extra good that all of us won.

I think it's so funny that our projects reflect our loves. SK has beautiful, ethereal lace, Grace has something reminiscent of her QOS projects, and both of them are expertly knitted. I play with colors (again!)
BTW, my scarf is convertible. The instructions will be on Elann on March 2nd!
Note: I wasn't sure that Karin, who did the Nefertiti scarf was OUR Karin, but it WAS! GOOOOOO Team Elann!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Bets. Two in a row, you are on quite a design roll. Maybe Ann will have a hat contest next and you can enter your Tammies. Daryl

Grace said...

congratulations my friend, I am honored to be included with previous award winning knitters!!!! Its was alot of fun, and challenging but the last few days were mind numbing!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Bets! I knew you would be a winner. Very creative design and cool colors.

Can you believe that SK is giving me her scarf? I'm stunned and just grinning like a Cheshire cat. :-}

I wonder if there will be a new contest for you to play in. I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Love your use of color and design. Congratulations. It's a stunning scarf!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautiful scarf, Bets! I can't wait for the pattern.

Joan said...

Jeez, two in a row for you now! Stop playing down your very own skill and great eye for design & color.
Can a Tam contest be far behind?
;-0

Congrats bets!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bets! I too am very honoured to be included in this talented group - I'm still a little speechless... Your design is lovely and truly a reflection of you. I have found it so interesting how everyone interpreted the rules so differently with such wonderful results.

Marcia said...

Good Lawd Woman. You're a goddess.

Are you submitting to bigger publications?

::Hell, I'd submit to a just about bigger anything.::

Suzann said...

Congratulations Bets. She is a beauty. Very uptown on the town. I love the color play.
What a talented group :-)

Anonymous said...

You knitters constantly inspire and amaze me with your talent and creativity! I love seeing everyone's creations. Great, great job, Bets! Kelly

smariek said...

Congrats! You are so talented! Gosh, I wish they would make all the scarf patterns available at once... waiting... waiting... waiting...

Anonymous said...

Yea, Bets!! Congratulations. That is such a cool scarf! I gotta go check out the chat site!