Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lady E update-

When I stand up, she falls from my underarm to the floor. In tier count, I have finished 12.5. Sheesh, I AM CLOSE to the end. I was thinking about fringe...my yarn has a rayon component, and I think that might end up as a nasty mess. (You can tell I want to be done when I am considering the three and a half balls remaining, and weighing the benefits of fringe. I hate fringe. I think it's a waste of perfectly good yarn.)

I'm at a loss for my next project. I've done a lot of odd things already this year-tams, tams, tams, cropped cardi X2, a bolero....what next? I need something that fires my imagination! Lisa W. sent me the link for this entrelac vest....it's not that I hate entrelac, it's the never-ending quality of Lady E that's got me down. (Had I known, I would have made a washrag!)

6 comments:

smariek said...

Skip the fringe. Skip the fringe. Skip the fringe....

Did I ever tell you that it took me 3 months to finish my 2nd Garterlac wash cloth?

junior_goddess said...

Fringe hater! HAHAHAHA! I just wanted to be totally done, no leftovers, no nothing. Somehow, I can believe it took that long to do washcloth 2!

Cindy G said...

I'm with smariek, skip the fringe. Could you do a different sort of border at each end to add knitting interest interest, maybe pick up sts and do a sideways knit on border?

Anonymous said...

I'm putting fringe on mine, because I like fringe, but I like Cindy's suggestion of adding a knitted border of some kind. But then, MORE stitches to pick up, (that's the part I hate)

Joan said...

I can't add the fringe bc I can't figure out how to single crochet. (Yes, I KNOW how EASY it is, blah, blah.) I am studying my knitting on the edge, over the edge and the third edge books looking for an alternative to the fringe. Pic on my blog today. I'm liking it sans fringe but I do like this LE fringe a lot.

Entrelac should never be done on anything larger than a sock.

LisaW. said...

i like fringe..especially for this pattern...how about fringe from a complementary ribbon/tape yarn/chainette yarn ya might have layin around...and maybe add a few see thru little beads here and there on the macrame fringe thing....just sayin...