Monday, November 19, 2007

Mammograms, and other mindless rambling

I had to go get the girls squished today. To cheer myself up, I told myself "Hey, someone still wants a picture of them."

I also went to the bookstore and picked up a copy of America's Best Lost Recipes...I checked it out from the library and found two of my favorite recipes-Whacky Cake, and Hot Milk Cake. But I don't really think the recipes were that lost....the recipe for Whacky Cake is one I got in 1978 from a girl who married my foster dad. Her brother married my foster mom. Ok, THAT part is a little whacky, but the recipe still lives in my recipe box. Hot Milk Cake came out of Taste of Home-about 1994, I think. I LOVE that one-very tasty, and I haven't made it in years. But that recipe wasn't really lost either.

So are they trying to tell me that I am old as dirt? Mayonnaise Cake-a friend of mine LOVED that-with 7 minute boiled icing with a tiny bit of peppermint extract in it. He's dead now, but if I made mayonnaise cake, I would make it in exactly that way. Again.

Potica? Made that-it's just pretty.

Maybe this book should be called "You have the recipe for this already, but you can't remember which damned book it's in." I really want to try the recipe for Runsas-beef and cabbage buns with cheese. I think the Midwest in me is starting to show. Anyone ever had those??

It's been a total shit day. I've been trying and trying and trying to get along with someone. Apparently, that's all been for naught, or all because I am nuts; my current stance is I'll do it NOT. Ever. Again. Kiss my ass.

(very colorful paragraph deleted)

Thanks for letting me rant a bit.

1 comment:

Enid said...

Wow!!Mayonnaise cake?

Cabbage buns....got a cartoon visual of a cabbage with little baby pink buns. Sorry I'm with kids all day long what do you expect?