Monday, December 24, 2007

I SHOULD be ashamed of you

because you HAVE no shame.  

DH and I went to the movies.  We were in a VERY short line-maybe 4 people.  We couldn't help but overhear the young woman ahead of us speaking to the ticket seller.

"Do you have a military discount?"

"No, ma'am, we don't."

"You ought to have a military discount.  I put my ass on the line for you.  grumble grumble."

Judging from the size of her ass, she hadn't put it anywhere but on the couch.  

Mind you, in East Cupcake, we have a really sweet deal-it's 5 bucks a person to get in to the movies, and 7 for two large drinks and a large popcorn.  Correction: a large BOTTOMLESS popcorn, which the whiner in front of me no doubt purchased.  Seventeen dollars for two people to go to the movies and get popcorn IS a deal-as I recall, it was 15.00 when I was in high school.

 Whiner was grumbling about a 5 dollar ticket.  In front of 35 years of military service.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Happy Knitting 2008!

smariek said...

What a bargain! Movies here are about $10 per person.

Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas.