Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Crazy Grandma's Christmas Stockings....



Remember those Christmas stockings I started on a few weeks back? I worked on them today, and sewed one together.

I'm having a lot of fun with this-but trying to decide if I need to add another layer of furry poof to the cuff of this stocking. I learned from the last stocking I made DGD-large bells get REALLY heavy really quick, so I used fewer than I ordinarily would have.

I love this project. I'd like to see it done with patterned thrift shop sweaters!!! I've one left to do!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stockings are adorable!! You are having fun...

Marta

smariek said...

Nice one of a kind stockings for the grandkids. Yes, not good to hang heavy things. Applies to tree ornaments too. One heavy ornament may seem like nothing, but the tree gets unhappy when there are a lot of them. I told DD that she can only choose among the lighter weight ornaments when we went shopping.