Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let's frog AGAIN

I scrapped the Rowan this week. The chart was just to finicky to suit me....I don't want to watch EVERY STINKiNG row of a garment right now. So I cast on the peasant blouse from Reynolds 82455. If I was a tighter knitter, this would be a happy happy marriage, but I am not. I cast on the size small, knowing I knit big. Small is 18", and I am in the neighborhood of 24". I went down a needle size to a 4 already. So.... never mind. I am surprised by this yarn-I thought the Lurex would sneak out and be snaggy, and so far it hasn't. I like this yarn.

I have to go off in search of project #3. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do have a way with words! And Lady E, after already making one for myself, is Dull! But it will be so pretty when finished. I will persevere! And good luck with your third attempt. That sounds like my recent clog experience.

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with the gauge problems, I never seem to be able to get it small enough with 100% cotton or if I did my hands would be in traction the next day! I added the Elle True Blue leaflet "Lovely in Lace" to my order the other day, there must be something in the stash to go with it, but like your experience, you never know until you start if you've got a yarn-pattern match!

Sandra D