Friday, October 05, 2007

Sorry, dumbass, it doesn't WORK like that-

I read a news blurb about Obama yesterday. The headline read
Obama Stops Wearing Flag Pin

I totally understand why he doesn't. I don't have a yellow "We support our troops" magnet on my car. I spent my magnet money making goody boxes to send to deployed people I know. (An Old Navy St. Paddy's Day shirt is a pretty good morale booster, ya know.) I sent goody boxes to other people's family members. That's a good use of my magnet money.

But as someone who actually wants to represent our country, doncha think Obama ought to reconsider?

The jaw-dropping part of the article was

"At one stop, he called for new restrictions on deployment of National Guard and Reserve troops along with an expansion of benefits for them and their families.

"I will not be a president who extends tours for our Guard units overseas while Americans are stranded on rooftops right here at home," Obama said."

OMG. OMG. It doesn't work like that.

For one thing, it would take at LEAST three days to bring troops home. And a bazillion dollars. If Nagin couldn't think to issue an evacuation order three days prior, he surely wouldn't have thought to request troops.

And that is the big sticking point. Since Guardsmen are a STATE asset, they have to be requested. Invited. Ushered in. Our Texas Guard waited, packed and ready, for their invitations.

For two days.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2K3UO0&show_article=1

1 comment:

Joan said...

He is sucking up to the left wing fringe, filling in the slack left by Edwards who is sinking daily.

I don't care if he wears or doesn't wear a flag pin. I hate pins per se, there's a pin for every cause and I'm tired of seeing perfectly good evening attire ruined by cause du jour pins.

What was so unbelievable tho' was Obama saying that people who DO wear flag pins are phoney patriots, unlike him. Say what?