The home of damn fine knitting and spectacular disasters. All knitting (and a few commercials) all the time!
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Hosted a quilting party last night. Didn't get home til two, but everyone had a damned good time. I managed to finish my Devon swatch, and today, I took my entrelac sleeve to Wallyworld so I could wait out an oil change. That was a sight-lugging a ball of Kauni and a cone of Selkirk 2/9 all over the darned store.
Despite some vague instructions on edge triangles, I finished the sleeve and cast on for the coat body. I'll have to stop and do another sleeve when I get 'round to the mauve again. Don't know why these patterns have NO finishing on the edges. When I cast on for my coat, I did three rows of rib (the needle was 3 sizes larger, but I think the hem will need the give) just so I won't have a weirdo unfinished edge.
I couldn't stand the suspense, so I dipped one corner of my sleeve into some water, just to see how it would look. (upper right) It flattened nicely, I am right on gauge, and it doesn't look so much like accoustical foam.