Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More comedy from the Betsy Show-


I had serious doubts about the pattern for my coat, and there aren't any corrections on VK's website. (That's been down for weeks. ) I wrote Shirley Paden about it, and guess what? She answered. More about that later this week.

I have the base row done, as well as MOST of the first row of rectangles. I am very glad that the blocks get smaller as the garment goes on. VERY VERY glad. This thing is going to go on forever-I have almost 300 yards in, and I haven't even made it to the 2nd tier. Hope I bought enough yarn.

My Discontinued Name Brand Yarn order came in. Can't believe I asked for an additional project bag. It wasn't all that. The yarn is beautiful, tho. So gorgeous, in fact, that I tried to place another order today. HA HA HA. No really, I saw some other stuff, and said "Hey, So and So would like that!" Buying Christmas prezzies for my yarn buds is getting harder and harder-it's a challenge to buy something they don't have. We all shop at the same place!

I saw all this Wool in the Woods (who is going out of business, BTW) and thought-"hey, this will be nice" Well, I placed my order early this morning. Around two, I got a message that said "Ms. Mamo, we are sold out of blah blah." (Sorry, Benne, that blah-blah was the perfect yarn for you, and they don't have any left.) I wrote them back and said "Dammit, let's go for coffee." Can't believe it. Not another snafu.

Got great stuff in at the store--it's my Christmas stuff, and I am out of room! I really like it, and the price points are just dandy. I can't wait to start putting in on the shelf. I am a month early.

Lastly, I heard a great joke yesterday-

What's the difference between an introverted engineer and an extroverted one? The extroverted one will look at your shoes. HA HA!

4 comments:

smariek said...

Loved the engineering joke.

Hope you have coffee before dealing with any of these orders. You're just asking for it, aren't ya?

Last week, I was imagining you in Hong Kong and how you'd do so well in that shopping arena...

junior_goddess said...

I told them I forgot to ask for a project bag, and could they add one on, please?

THAT's funny!

Joan said...

I was in Walgreen's yesterday and they were putting out the candy canes. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm the introverted engineer, I never look a shoes :)Next thing you know you'll be posting blonde jokes and I'll have to boycott your site.
Lowes is full of Christimas Trees. I had to write the manager. Not that it does any good.
ScullyKnits