Friday, September 14, 2007

Sitting in the Ravelry line-

Pull up a chair, and join me and Sooz. Would you like a tiramisu latte, or maybe an iced Thai style coffee?

Sooz just got a new stereo system, and asked for more music. So while we are hanging in the line-



We wore some bitchin' clothes in the 70s, huh?

This group released a song called "Touch the Wind" in the US, but it was not a direct translation. Here's an approximation from the group's website.

Like a promise, you are, you are
Like a summer morning
Like a smile, you are, you are
Like that, like that, you are
All my hope, you are, you are
Like fresh rain in my hands
Like a strong breeze, you are, you are; like that, like that, you are

You are like the water of my fountain (something like that, you are)
You are the fire of my fireplace
You are like the fire of my bonfire
You are the wheat of my bread

Like my poem, you are, you are
Like a guitar in the night
My whole horizon you are, you are; like that, like that, you are

You are like the water of my fountain (something like that, you are)
You are the fire of my fireplace
You are like the fire of my bonfire
You are the wheat of my bread

You are...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a double turtle sundae please. . . .Thanks for the muuuusic. Not really sure what this whole Ravelry thing is about but I figured I better get in line.

And I only have 20201 people ahead of me. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I am singing this song in my mind.

T

Anonymous said...

OMG! I remember that song - guess that dates me doesn't it? I'll have my usual, small latte, extra shot. Miss M will have the mocha, whip cream and sprinkles. I'm think and heavy in proposal again. No weekends off till 11 OCT As soon as I am, I'm coming down. - ScullyKnits

Joan said...

I'm doing' my best to make you feel like you are there. ;-}
Anything special you want me to dig up for you?

SooZ said...

Giggles, flash backs to the 70's abound. those were the good ol daze. I'll be enjoying this and other video songs over and over again.

There were no lattes (that I recall) in the 70's, I'll go for the finger jello and mountain dew please.

SooZ said...

Tonight I was at Sivia Hardings knit class. She is a warm and delightful lady. She shared her latest design WIP with the few remaining students at end of class..(it is yet to be published). Its beautiful, a mustnotmiss! She calls it "Moonshadow". Does that ring a bell? Go to the link in Youtube for a look. http://youtube.com/watch?v=kGNxKnLmOH4F.

Have a look at her new site: http://siviaharding.blogspot.com.