Sunday, August 05, 2007

Woof woof-the dog days are here-

It's hot and my dog stinks. She really needs a bath! This evening!

The dog days of summer are here. I have been working on the cardi, but mostly I have been working on a very pokey commissioned lace project. I give myself a specific production amount every day-"This afternoon, I will work that pattern, it's only eight rows." Today, I am going to try for TWO pattern bands, a total of 40 rows. Eight in the morning, 32 this evening. I am anxious to be finished.
I want to knit something fun. Lisa just finished a skirt that is so entirely cute, I am enthralled. I want a fun project, I want a project that makes me smile, and gets me excited! Vogue Knitting AND Interweave Knits fall issues are on the horizon, and both have intriguing patterns. I have to clear my needles. It's about time we had some decent projects in the magazines!
I've been reading "Adios to Tears" which is the memoirs of a Japanese Peruvian who was traded by his government and ended up interned here during World War II. Interesting stuff. He ended up in Crystal City, which is about 60 miles south of San Antonio. It's an interesting read, but not an enthralling one.

No comments: