Friday, April 20, 2007

Skip the hype-

I had a chance to hear Dr. Edith Eva Eger at a National Prayer breakfast some 13 years ago. Since then, I have looked and looked for publications, speaking engagements, ANYTHING, just to hear this woman again. The last time she came through my area of the country, I made plans to go, but we had a record-setting flood two days before. Darn it. She is truly inspirational. I found this podcast which, despite the commercial feel, shows the tip of the iceberg.

I managed to finish the back of Wren before I got distracted. My Heartbeat sweater pattern tempted me beyond the reaches of my discipline. This pattern is interesting. It is ALMOST the perfect self-striping yarn pattern, but I want to see what happens at the neckline. The fronts and backs are identical, so I fear that might be a detractor.

No comments: