After my big Swallowtail disaster, I figured I could probably manage Kiri for the silent auction-it's due in 8 days, and I just don't have the heart to reknit Swallowtail for a deadline. I have about 130 stitches on the needles, and have started beading. Of course there is no planning ahead in Betsyland. I had no idea how many beads to thread on, and no idea where I wanted them.
I rigged a little dental floss as a "needle" to thread the bead onto each stitch. It's slow going, but I am learning a lot. In Kiri, the points are formed by a slip 1, k2tog, PSSO. On the upper row of my swatch, I slipped the bead on the stitch that is slipped, then I did the PSSO. On the lower row, I slipped the bead onto the resulting stitch. I think I like the bead (a size E, BTW) on the resulting stitch a little better, because I think it looks cleaner. I am closing in on the end of the first ball of Pharao, and will probably embellish MORE as I near the end. I ordered additional (larger) beads, and they aren't here yet. Wish they would hurry.