Sunday, February 01, 2009

Poo in Phuket

Oh dear God.

Months ago, my little brother called me up and asked me if I wanted to go to Fat Camp in Phuket. Figuring, "When the hell ELSE am I going to go to Thailand?" I said OK. Fool.

I've been in Phuket since last Sunday. Last Sunday, I had a breakfast openface toast (like a mini-pizza), a salad, and nothing until this morning.

That's right, from Sunday at 8 p.m. until 10:00 this morning, I ate nothing. And my period showed up.

It sucked.

But I weigh 5.1 kilos LESS. And that is significant.

We bailed from fat camp a day early and checked into the nearest (brand new) Marriot about 3 hours ago. We've had lunch already, and it was delicious, but we can't eat as much. Which is kind of the point, I guess, isn't it?

Photos and details to follow later.

XO, wish you were here, and sure you didn't want to be where I was yesterday!

8 comments:

Diane said...

The game plan for most vacations it to go somewhere, eat yourself silly, come home weighing an additional 5.1 kilos, and then diet. It's obvious that your little brother was getting you back for all those nuggies you gave him when he was young and defensless.

Les said...

Hmmm, did you pay them or did they pay you?

Michelle said...

Holy crap, I thought you were joking about fat camp on your FB status! I am beyond intrigued, I must say. Plus, I'm loving the name!

smariek said...

Yay, glad to see you blogging. I missed ya! Food must have tasted soooo good today.

Anonymous said...

Here I thought you were sightseeing, shopping and eating with abandon for a week! Tell us at least it was a luxurious fat camp spa, not the boot camp variety. Good to have you back.

Sandra D

Anonymous said...

welcome back. sounds like too much fun :)
chris

Joan said...

Whaaaat?! Did you at least do any silver shopping?

Anonymous said...

I'd bet delighted to carry around 5kilos less. How well has Phuket recovered since the tsunami? One of my local friends says the beach and surroundings are wonderful! Welcome home, Bets! we missed you!
Jamie