Friday, December 29, 2006

Six weird things about me.

Marcia tagged me for a meme. I'm a little doubtful, because I am not terribly OCD, so I don't know exactly how weird I AM, but what the hell. And actually, Marcia, now that I read the rules, I think your happy ass is disqualified. Have a beer, kid.

Here are the stipulations-

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

1) My nails curve if I let them grow. Apparently, downward growing nails are an anomaly (according to a doctor who glommed onto them), but mine don't always grow down. I have noticed when I lived in certain places that they were all together normal looking. If it's a particularly stressful period of time, my nails form ripples that remain until they grow out.

2) I sincerely believe Chinese astrology charts. Throw the western ones out the window.

3) My cereal preparation is segregated. I think rice pudding is totally repulsive, but tapioca pudding is my favorite. Rice should be eaten with soy sauce (for that matter, I didn't even know what long grain rice was until I was about 25). Cream of wheat should be eaten with butter and salt. Oatmeal is fine if it's plain, but better with a few golden raisins sprinkled in, no milk or sugar, thanks. Cream of rice??? Never had it.

4) Every time I am in a public restroom, I think about the spray pattern from toilets, and wish I'd experimented with food coloring to know what the spray pattern of a toilet actually is.

5) I am a horrible packrat. I hate to clean, because I get overwhelmed with "do I throw it out or keep it?" If I throw it away, I will want it six weeks from now. And it's going to be dirty again next week anyhow.

6) My left arm gets sick periodically. It will swell, ache, and get a fever. It's done that since childhood. When I was little, I used to feel like crap along with it. No, I don't know why. Been to plenty of doctors about it, tho.

Let's see-I would like to tag Whitney, Joan, Bri, Suzann, Barbara and Marie.

4 comments:

CatBookMom said...

OK, you got me; I've blamed all this on you, so those I've tagged may send cranky comments, lol!

Suzann said...

This should be fun. I may have to combine to get them into only 6 :D

jayne said...

Troublemaker! Like I need to be reminded that I'm weird. :)

smariek said...

Ok, I see you've got me. I'll have to think about what to write. We're limited to only six?