Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Katrina Tee done!


Here she is. Four balls of Paton's Katrina, with only yards to spare. It fits EXACTLY. The original plan was to crochet around the neckline, and make the sleeves slightly longer. I tried it on yesterday, looked in the mirror and said "Oh HELLLLL no. There's no need to frighten folks with that neckline." So I "made it work" and added neck and sleeve ribbing.

I got the design ideas for this top from my friend MacChick. I like it because I can wear it almost anywhere, and there's still a lot of warm weather left. It almost matches the sky. Due to popular demand, I've added the bathroom shot. Nice, huh? ;-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bets, Katrina is absolutely gorgeous. i like the ribbing, it makes it look more finished and hopefully won't roll the way those crocheted edgings sometimes do. I can't wait to see it on you. You will look "fabulous". Daryl

Anonymous said...

Bets, that looks really good. I like the ribbing. Pretty bets color and it's something you'll wear and wish Katrina wasn't discontinued. Good job.

Grace said...

so pretty I love that shade of blue!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing finished objects! It looks great flat, let's see it on!!

Kellygirl

w. said...

ooooh pretty! and i love the color...excellent job!

also, WTF?!?! prince charles?? you are definitely cuter than that horse face! someone from work was paired with eleanor roosevelt...she was not happy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Bets! Are you gonna model it????

Anonymous said...

Bets This top is very cute. This is the type of top I love to wear too. And it fits you very nicely.

Unknown said...

Bets,

I just love how that turned out! You did a great job!

Libby

Procrastiknitter said...

So cool! I really like it a lot. The color is so calming! Good job!

Anonymous said...

That top is lovely! I like the sleeves and the neckline. Boy oh boy, you Katrina knitters are so prolific! That stuff must just glide off of your needles.