Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't fear the banana sauce....


A few weeks ago, I was at the store with my niece, and spied this bottle on the shelf.  It was about .99, so I thought "what the hell" and bought it.

That evening, I cracked the bottle.  "Oh!  Is that it?" I said, and passed the bottle around.  Everyone took a taste.  We were all really amused that something so weird and exotic tasted like ketchup, with a touch of barbecue sauce.  


On the way home fro
m Mass today, DH was tortured by the scent of everyone else's barbecue.  He ran to the store and picked up some chicken.  I mixed seasoning salt and sea salt together, and tucked it up under the skin, and chilled it for two hours.  DH fired up the charcoal, and right before the bird crowed, we slapped on a little banana sauce with a 
tablespoon of Goya orange marinade (but cider vinegar would work as well)  mixed in for spreadability. 

The result?  It was good.  A little smoke, juicy chicken, and tangy sauce.  

I was surprised that my 100% natural chicken was augmented by broth.  Sneaky bastards.

No comments: