Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sunny Soleil

Ok, so it's now straight on with Soleil. Sonata knit at gauge isn't a good T-shirt fabric, so I have no regrets about frogging. The horseshoe pattern is straightforward. I've heard rumblings and grousings that the zero ease built into this pattern is problematic, but I think I should be ok as long as I keep it relaxed. Knitting too tightly has never been a problem for me (my informal survey indicates it's less of a problem for continental knitters), but the wrong size is sometimes an issue.

B2 and I were talking last night-even tension in stockinette is the Holy Grail. If you look at the Soleil sample, you can see a trouble spot. Glad my yarn is a variegated yarn, because it will confuse the eye! Knit on!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished Soliel in Sonata. No problem with ease but shoulder straps are very wide. Unless DD has broad shoulders I would recommend you narrow them. Looks quite nice in variegated colour. Susan

Anonymous said...

Just finished Soliel in Sonata. Looking good in yoru variegated. Wouldn't worry about ease but straps are very wide. Unless DD has broad shoulders I think you should consider narrowing straps. Susan

junior_goddess said...

Thanks Susan-

Both of us have shoulders. Plenty. I will keep it in mind as I am working my way up. Now that you mention it, it IS more of a shell, and less of a tank, isn't it? Since she's always got an armload of SOMETHING, a little more coverage might be ok.

B

Bri McS said...

any shot at soliel being in the suitcase come july 13? just wondering. it would be great to get a pic of us in our creations...

Suzann said...

Sorry you caught my frogging bug. Soleil in Sonata is going to be beautiful.
I found when I am doing stockinette flat it helps if I knit combined. It isn't perfect but it is a lot more even. But then you have all that sewing up to do in the end.
Beautiful color Betsy

Anonymous said...

Bets, that color looks wonderful. I like the Soleil pattern for it. You've got me looking at my Sonata with Soleil in mind.
B2

Anonymous said...

Bets,
You got me going on my Sonata Rio now, as far as other possibilities! I'm thinking of frogging my attempt at the modular wrap in Vogue Spr/Sum...my garter stitch with the double wrap every 6 rows looks good, I like the color distribution BUT I put the wrap over my back and it looks terrible, one of those things that look good only on model with flat shoulder blades. So I may be Sonata Soleiling soon too!
Sandra