Friday, June 30, 2006

Homework!


I have to pull my head out, and do my homework. I signed up for a TKGA finishing class in Philly, and gotta swatch.

Description: The student will learn to work stockinette, reverse stockinette, and perpendicular seams. Both 3-needle and sloped bind-off will be taught as well as duplicate stitch, grafting, weaving in ends and blocking.

Homework: 4 swatches of stockinette stitch in light colored worsted weight yarn with stitches bound off, 5 swatches of stockinette stitch in light colored worsted weight yarn with open stitches

Sounds dull, but if it makes my finishing something OTHER than running up seams on lil' Miss Pfaff, then it's worth it. I've always wanted to really get comfortable with duplicate stitch, too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bets,
Sounds like a great class! For your homework, what do you think they mean by "open stitches", lace? That will be a useful skill..how to seam up lace. I think most of us know how to mattress stitch stockinette, but anything else has me running towards the reference books! Also if they have some logical way to teach grafting or Kitchener that sticks in one's mind that'll be good.

Bri McS said...

What are yarn are you swatching? I can't wait to see it in person!