Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sheena swings!

Detail of my Sheena tank in Elann's Mayan Treasure Sonata-




I bought seven skeins of Elann's Mayan Treasure Sonata. When it came in, I was a little non-plussed; the yarn was a good deal more orange than I anticipated. I don't wear tiger stripes or leopard prints!

After privately rechristening this yarn colorway "Tigress", I dug out a 2002 copy of IWK, and made a mitered tank. The original pattern was for a cap sleeved shell in Muench Touch Me, but I did a few modifications and ended up with SHEENA!

1 comment:

Suzann said...

Bets that color is just beautiful. Now that I can see a picture big enough to appreciate it :D
The Cypress Grove is lovely also. I combined two Sonatas in alternating garter ridges. The Southwestern and Curacao, boy do they pop off of each other. The garter ribbing got very boring. I have the attention span of a flea.
Great blog, you are linked