Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm back


It was a rough week. It was nice to see packages from Jean F. and Suzann. I will write them privately, but I HAVE to show this. As you know, I gave up my Lady E to my next door neighbor two weeks ago. I'll admit there were a few times this week I longed for her, but here is living proof that "what goes around comes around."

It was wonderful to come home and find a package containing THIS lovely shawl from Jean and Dan, to thank me for sending packages during Dan's deployment. OMG! It's silk and pashmina, and it's red and black, and it is EXACTLY my style of pseudo paisleyishness! Wow!

My dad's official cause of death was diabetes mellietas, with a side of cardiac infarction. The stinker bought a big ol' Hershey bar on the way home from the hospital last Thursday night.
I'll be writing more later, but want to leave you with one thought-if your parent EVER asks for a shredder (Father's Day, Christmas, whatever) spend fifty more dollars than you planned. Trust me, you will be glad you did.

7 comments:

jayne said...

I'm glad you're back. Have thought about you so often. I'm sorry it's such a rough patch.

How nice to come home to find such a lovely personal treat. That is perfect timing.

Joan said...

Bets, so glad to see you back and in fine form. Also glad your dad had a chance to savor his Hershey's bar which he no doubt enjoyed thoroughly.
Adore that shawl!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shawl, perfect timing and perfect colors for you. Me too, if you get tired of a gorgeous silk and pashima shawl. Take care of yourself and try not to wear out that shawl. ;-} Glad your dad had that Hershey Bar. Sometimes they just know.

Enid said...

Glad your back bets!
love,
enid and the boys

smariek said...

Glad to see you back...

Suzann said...

Glad you are back. I am guessing you are glad to be home too. I destroyed a shredder when my Mom died. My brother bought a good one so we could finish the job.
Glad Dad got his Hersey Bars.

Anonymous said...

I'm also very glad that you are back. To tell you the truth, I would have eaten lots of Hershey bars, too.