Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh, move it, stuff is coming down the pike.



So, since December, when I quit smoking, til NOW, I have put on a few extra pounds.  That's actually a lie, because a few is like, 5.  So this weekend, I went to Austin to an exercise workshop.  I took a T-Tapp workout with Kirsten.  That's serious work.  I've also been getting up and walking with DH.  First thing, and after dinner on most days-I know we've covered at least 10 miles a week, and we are working on the 3rd week.  Gosh, I hope it helps.  

I have a sneaking suspicion that a few of my pounds may be linked to my new adventures in hyperthyroidism.  The doc put me on meds that took my TSH from .19 to 3.8.  THAT's a big swing.  We gotta talk about THAT.

Since I had to drive 130 miles, I drove another 10, and went to Ikea.  Look at what I found!  It's a Spoka nightlight.  I am in LERVE!  DH rolled his eyes, but blah blah blah.  




Joan  blogged about oddball portents last week.  I HOPE Spoka's a harbinger.  Something happened today that made me think maybe so.  

In other news, my little brother and I talked last week, and made tentative plans to go to fat camp in the spring.  I asked DH if he wanted to go drink broth, do yoga, and do some of the other things advertised.  He will only go if there is beer involved.  And he doesn't want the poop coach.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Ah ha! My DH won't do anything that doesn't involve beer either! Him and Tracy might get along nicely!?

You are worried about 5 lbs? That's not even weight gain in my book...I should go to 'fat camp' with you!!

See you soon,
Diane

Joan said...

Oh PULEEZ tell me when you are going to Austin next! My sister and Rachel would love to say hi and you could swing by and see the nicest house in Austin. (But didya really need to go to Austin to exercise? lol)

smariek said...

Good for you for doing all that walking and taking exercise classes!

You have to drive 140 miles to get to Ikea?! It's a 20 minute drive for me.

Cute light. I'm trying to figure out how you took that photo, since both your hands are holding the light. Is Casper holding the camera?

junior_goddess said...

It's a MAC! The camera is built in!!!

CatBookMom said...

Glad you're getting 'behind' a workout program, but only 5 pounds' gain from quitting smoking? Puh-leeze! Nonetheless, a huge CONGRATULATIONS for being at the 10-month point. Quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm 16 years and counting.

Cindy G said...

I'm so impressed with your workout plans. (Total couch potato here, but not at all proud of it.)

I found a crumpet recipe that look promising at www.greatpartyrecipes.com/crumpetrecipe.html But I haven't actually tried it yet (busy week). I'll post how it turns out when I do.