Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Need another opinion


I am trying hard to finish up UFOs. I ran across this, an entrelac sweater started last October, in Austermann Inverno. I figured out where I was, sat down, did a few squares, and really looked at it.


There is no way the front will match the back. Given entrelac's tendency to spread, the front is a good 5" wider than the back.


It's kind of....quiet. Misty. Do I really want such a serene sweater?


I was a little worried. I started the project based on yardage, and a little nervous, because I know I need to reknit the back to fit the front. I wasn't sure I had enough.


Then I saw my big ball of Berroco (mumble becauseIdon't remembertheyarn's name ..crap... Mosaic Iusedonthe cardi) Optik, that I salvaged from something else I frogged last week. And it just might look really good with the Inverno.
In order to do that and have it come out looking ok, I would have to take it back 2 tiers, and then add in a total of 2 tiers. I have 6 of 10 done.
In the meantime, more Inverno has surfaced. So running out of yarn is no longer an issue.
What do you think? I am standing by to listen. (Actually, I am sewing buttons on that last cardi, but you know...)

No comments: