Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So yeah, about that Gwen Bortner class


About that class- I REALLY liked Gwen. No really. I went toodling to class on Monday all ready to fix my mojo. My class was all of 3 students. Gwen introduced herself and pulled out the project.

A felted entrelac koozie. Blech.

I was a good girl. I did not cry. I did not bitch. I did not sulk. But I quickly ditched my homework, because I sure as shit was not gonna make a koozie. I would rather eat dirt. I cast on for a hat.

And she was fine with it.

And I enjoyed my class-there was one rank beginner, one lapsed knitter, and me. (There are only 3 projects on that table.) And I think we all took something away from the class. I learned some adjustments and tweaks that will make me better at entrelac. And she made knitting backwards make sense.

I made Lady E in 2007, and had hardly messed with entrelac since. Except for this hat, and now I understand what was wrong with this pattern. I made it in February for Carol's chemo. Next time I do it, I will fix the errors in the pattern.


If you have a chance, take a class with Gwen. It's worth your time. She's normal, and would be great to drink with. She's coming out with a new book on entrelac, and I will probably pick it up!

No comments: